Here we are the middle of June and the heat is beginning for us in San Diego County. As a landscape maintenance provider, the issue we battle is how to conserve water and yet keep our properties up to expectations. We all know the issue’s we have had with the water supply over the last several years. Many were in shock when district notices were enacted to limit water on certain days, and for a limited amount of time each day depending on system efficiencies.
Every community and business was affected by these restrictions, and incentive driven reactions ranged from removing turf grass, converting high water use spray nozzles to drip, some just simply turned their water off.
Green Horizons and our clients have faced many challenges with conserving water and have found one of the best ways to help reduce water on our lawns is to use Rotating/High efficiency nozzles. Although mandated water restrictions have been lifted, voluntary conservation efforts are highly encouraged and an important function of our company culture.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Multi-trajectory, rotating streams apply water more slowly and uniformly to your landscape, encouraging healthy plant growth.
- Properly direct water flow and use 20% less water than conventional spray heads.
- SoCal Water$mart rebates are a cost-effective, water-saving option for your landscape!
- In most areas the run time for lawns are not restricted when using them.
The best benefit is you can still get a $2.00 rebate per nozzle when installing 30 or more nozzles. We will even do the paperwork for you to get the rebate. If you have any question about this and many other ways to conserve water give us a call! Another wonderful source to learn about rebates is visit SoCal Water Smart at www.socalwatersmart.com
- Next month we will talk about the benefits of using drip irrigation.